2012 Yamaha WR250R
FMF PIPE AND HEADER, HANDGUARDS, SKID PLATE
Off-Road Warrior You Can Also Take On The Road.
The WR250R draws upon over 50 years of Yamaha experience, on pavement and off, to bring you a bike that'll take you practically anywhere. More power than you might expect flows from its high-tech fuel-injected DOHC engine while a hybrid aluminum frame keeps you in complete command. Pavement optional.
• Directly descended from our YZ motocrossers and WR off-road machines—even the original Yamaha YA-1 of 1955—the WR250R is here to make Yamaha’s off-road prowess street accessible.
• Not exactly an enduro model and not a streetbike either, the WR250R is for riders who ride off-road more than on. Its sibling, the supermoto-inspired WR250X, is for riders who spend more time on pavement.
• 250cc liquid-cooled, DOHC engine with two titanium intake valves and two steel exhausts, forged piston and plated cylinder for outstanding durability.
• Pentroof combustion chamber with downdraft-type straight intake helps make excellent power across the rev band, with maximum power at 10,000 rpm.
• First use of fuel injection on a 250 Yamaha on/off-road bike. The system relies on input from a crank sensor, intake air pressure sensor and throttle position sensor feeding a compact ECU to provide optimum combustion.
• An ECU-controlled EXUP® exhaust valve, along with an electronic intake control valve, broadens the powerband.
• High lift cams have WPC surface treatment in which the surface is sprayed with fine powder at over 100 meters per second to increase surface hardness.
• Three-axis engine layout keeps the engine compact. Wet sump tucks between frame rails to keep the engine height down.
• Rare earth-type ACM alternator keeps the weight down while providing all the current needed to run the FI and lighting systems.
• Direct ignition coil sits atop the spark plug—another first on a Yamaha on-off road model.
• Six-speed gearbox provides a wide spread of ratios, with shower-type lubrication for reliability. A special light-action clutch makes shifting a snap.
• Tucked-in, three-chamber muffler helps keep mass centralized and the bike quiet.
• Electric start only: Leaving off the kickstarter keeps it light and simple.
• YZ / WR250-inspired semi-double-cradle frame uses a main frame of cast and forged aluminum sections, with high-strength steel downtubes for excellent strength and rigidity characteristics.
• Asymmetrical swingarm provides excellent strength/rigidity balance and a dynamic look. Cast aluminum crossmembers, extruded arms and a 22mm rear axle are carefully tuned for optimum handling.
• Fully adjustable 46mm fork provides 10.6 inches of wheel travel. A forged lower triple clamp and a cast upper one help give outstanding front-end feel. An aluminum steering stem reduces weight.
• Linkage-mounted rear shock provides 10.6 inches of travel with adjusters for compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload—and features a 14mm rod and 46mm cylinder for excellent damping and fade resistance.
• Wave brake rotors front and rear, including a large 250mm front disc, reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Rear pedal is forged aluminum.
• A slim, steel fuel tank is shaped with knee grip in mind, and the entire ergonomic layout is designed to make the rider feel like part of the bike.
• Narrow, YZ-inspired seat features gripper-type cover for great seat-of-the-pants feel. Seat height is 36.6 inches.
• WR enduro-style instrument panel provides excellent visibility in spite of the compact size. Basic mode provides speed, clock, tripmeter and self-diagnostic function. Measurement mode includes stopwatch, distance-compensating tripmeter, etc.
• Minimalist front and rear fenders are designed for function, simplicity and lightness.
• Bodywork with separate radiator heat outlet helps keep engine and rider cool.
• Lightweight headlight and LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
• Adjustable front brake lever.
- Type: 250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0 x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Direct ignition coil
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.6-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 10.6-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single-disc brake, 250mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single-disc brake, 230mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21
- Tires / Rear: 120/80-18
- Length: 85.6 in
- Width: 31.9 in
- Height: 48.4 in
- Seat Height: 36.6 in
- Wheelbase: 55.9 in
- Ground Clearance: 11.6 in
- Fuel Capacity: 1.9 gal
- Fuel Economy: 71 mpg
- Wet Weight: 298 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- 250 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0 x 53.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Direct ignition coil
- Front Suspension
- Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.6-in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; fully adjustable, 10.6-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single-disc brake, 250 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single-disc brake, 230 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 36.6 in.
- 26 deg.
- 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.9 gal.
- 71 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 298 lb.
- Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)