2019 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS
Kodiak 700 EPS
Devouring chores in comfort and with confidence, the Kodiak 700 EPS makes light of tough work.
- Big Bore Engine Built to Tackle the Real World: Rebuilt for 2019, the Kodiak® 700 EPS combines big bore power without losing an ounce of comfort, thanks to its new 700-class engine with improved midrange power, and gearing designed for low rpm cruising and smooth-running motor mounts.
- High-Performance Ultramatic® Transmission: Yamaha's class-leading transmission combines immediate response with advanced features like natural, all-wheel engine braking for control on confidence. And, of course, the Ultramatic is proven to be the most durable ATV transmission on the market.
- Trail-Ready Chassis: With plenty of ground clearance and adjustable suspension, the Kodiak 700 EPS tackles rough terrain with ease. Wide-arc A-arms and full-body skid plates ensure the Kodiak 700 EPS is able to handle anything the farm or trail can throw at it.
- Class-Leading Power Steering: Reduced fatigue, excellent control and trail feel all come standard with Kodiak 700 EPS' best in industry speed-sensitive Electric Power Steering (EPS).
New for 2019 Features
- New 700-Class Engine: For 2019, Yamaha's engineers wanted to boost the midrange performance of the big bore Kodiak 700 EPS even further, to put power right where you use it most. At the same time, the new motor features redesigned engine mounts, so despite the increase in performance, it runs even smoother than before.
- High-Performance Ultramatic® Transmission: Kodiak 700 EPS' Ultramatic® transmission features a gated shifter, dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive plus reverse gear, and is the most advanced—and durable—CVT drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and a sprag clutch delivers natural all-wheel engine braking.
- New Engine Built to Explore: Packing practical, fun and usable power, the Kodiak 700 EPS' motor balances big bore power with a strong midrange. The 2019 Kodiak 700 EPS features a new 700-class engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character that is fun and exciting on trails while still being smooth and quiet when exploring trails or on the job site.
- Selectable 4WD: The lever-operated 4WD system lets you switch between 2WD, 4WD limited-slip, and 4WD with diff. lock with the simple push of a button, giving the rider direct control over available traction.
- High-Mounted Air Intake: Tackle mud and water thanks to the Kodiak 700 EPS' high-mounted air intake layout. The design increases power and torque while providing additional room for on-board storage and easy, tool-less servicing of the foam air filter.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: To maintain clean-running performance for years, the Kodiak 700 EPS uses a stainless steel exhaust system and features a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- Drive System Air Intake: Specially designed, high-mounted drive system air intake helps reduce drive system temperatures and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
- High-Capacity Radiator: Slow-speed technical riding can place a lot of thermal demands on a liquid-cooled motor, so the Kodiak 700 EPS features a high-capacity radiator with fan assist that delivers plenty of air flow for maximum cooling efficiency—and it's positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Strong, Durable Brakes: Strong and reliable braking comes standard on every Kodiak 700 EPS thanks to hydraulic front disc brakes matched with a sealed wet rear brake system.
- High-Performance Tires: Maximizing available traction, the Kodiak 700 EPS features 25-inch Maxxis® tires that provide precise steering feel and feedback.
- Generous Ground Clearance: To handle nearly any terrain with ease, the Kodiak 700 EPS offers an impressive 11.3 inches of maximum ground clearance and full-length composite skid plates, for maximum underbelly protection.
- Class-Leading Power Steering: Minimize fatigue and tackle every trail with ease thanks to Yamaha's Electric Power Steering (EPS), the industry's best balance of electric steering assist and positive trail feedback.
- Independent Double Wishbone Front and Rear Suspension: Independent double wishbone suspension, with 7.6" of front wheel travel and 9.1" at the rear, provides excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails, thanks to nitrogen-charged shocks with 5-way adjustable preload.
- Underseat Fuel Tank: An optimized 4.76-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling.
- Compact Ergonomics: A plush seat improves rider comfort for extended days exploring every trail, with plenty of room for the rider to move during aggressive riding. And despite the full-size performance, the Kodiak 700 EPS features a more compact body design similar to a mid-sized ATV, to ease overall feel and handling.
- New Instrument Package: For 2019, the Kodiak 700 EPS receives a new instrument cluster with larger all-LCD readouts for visibility.
- Aggressive and Durable Styling: Rugged composite front bumper resists scratching and won't rust, while injection-molded fenders and CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
- Ready for Accessories: The Kodiak EPS was engineered in concert with a range of accessories for perfect fit and function, for nearly every type of ride you can find. With a standard 12V power point, you can keep devices charged, too.
- Brilliant Lighting: Paired halogen headlights ensures good visibility, while a handlebar-mounted halogen work light provides additional illumination that moves with rider input for added flexibility. The LED taillights are bright and long-lasting, too.
- Extensive Cargo Capacity: Rugged, large-diameter steel cargo racks with durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 308 pounds combined (110 lbs. front, 198 lbs. rear). An on-board storage compartment keeps things dry, too.
- Work-Ready Tow Capacity: Center-mounted, heavy-duty two-inch receiver comes standard on Kodiak 700 EPS and can tow more than 1300 pounds.
- Built Real World Tough™, Assembled in the USA: As with other Yamaha ATVs and Side-by-Sides, the Kodiak 700 EPS is assembled in the USA to meet Yamaha's exacting standards for durability and reliability.
- Engine Type: 686cc liquid-cooled SOHC 4-stroke
- Bore x Stroke: 102.0mm x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm
- Transmission: Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
- Final Drive: Lever-operated 2WD/4WD; shaft
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.6 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar; 5-way preload adjustment, 9.1 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Multi-disk wet brake
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU19
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU20
- L x W x H: 81.5 in. x 46.5 in. x 48.8 in.
- Seat Height: 33.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Turning Radius: 126.0 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 11.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Wet Weight: 686 lb.
- Rack Capacity: 110 lb. (front) / 198 lb. (rear)
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- SOHC 4-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 102.0mm x 84.0mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment
- Front Travel
- 7.6 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- AT25 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU19
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar; 5-way preload adjustment
- Rear Travel
- 9.1 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Multi-disk wet brake
- Rear Tires
- AT25 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU20
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 686 lb.
- Front Rack Capacity
- 110 lb.
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 198 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1322 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 11.3 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 81.5 in. x 46.5 in. x 48.8 in.
- 49.2 in.
- Final Drive
- Lever-operated 2WD/4WD; shaft
- Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)